In the Name of ALLAH, The Beneficent, The Merciful
I can’t count how many times I have been asked are you a Black Racist? Since my journey to learn more about my ancestors their struggles and contributions to humanity certain people(black and white) have “assumed” that I am either hostile or hateful towards Caucasian people. This is thought of me, because I take pride in being a Black human being and am first and foremost interested in goals that are in the best interest of Blacks or “African Americans”.
Historically, every Blackman and woman who has asserted themselves in such a manner has been looked upon as “Racist” “Anti Semitic” or other designer labels invented by the dominant society. The trials of Marcus Garvey, W.E.B Du Bois, William Monroe Trotter, Martin Luther King, The Hon. Elijah Muhammad, Malcolm X and The Hon. Louis Farrakhan show the fear some have of strong black men and women. Even the “Uncle Tom” boot licking, butt licking, buck dancing type negroes have jumped on the bandwagon of condemning progressive thinking black people as Black Racists.
After all our struggles together we have become more divided than ever. Our strong black families, once a place of refuge against the evils of slavery, have become divided producing clashes among black men and women. After being killed by the KKK and other white supremacist groups for years, we have now become the #1 killers of our selves. These events have caused me to now stand up and ask Black America, “Are you a Black Racist against your own black self and kind?” I would like to propose a few questions to help you determine if you are infected with the sickness of being a black racist.
1) Do you know any black history beyond our slavery experience in America?
2) Do you wait till February to study Black History?
3) When you think of Africa do you feel ashamed or think its not important?
4) Do you know of the black presence in the Bible?
5) Do you still view Jesus/God as white?
6) Do you say, “It doesn’t matter what color Jesus is.”
7) Do you know the names and contributions of black scientist, Musicians, Writers, Kings, Queens, Doctors, Scholars Etc….?
8) Are you upset that I am even asking these questions?
9) Do you describe being proud of black of blackness as. “That black stuff”?
10) When you see a black woman do you see her as a sex object?
11) When you see a black man do you automatically think he’s a Dog?
12) Do you call yourself and others Nigger or Nigga?
13) Do you or have you ever had fake blond hair or Blue contact lenses?
14) Have you ever hated being black?
15) If you have Light skin do you think it’s a badge of honor?
16) If you have Dark skin do you think it’s a badge of shame?
17) Have you already written me off as a Black Racist?
18) Do you support Black businesses?
19) What are you doing personally to advance the cause of black people?
20) Do you think Martin Luther King’s only speech was “I have a dream”?
21) Do you feel connected to other people of color(Arab, Indian, Asian, Mexican etc..) and understand that all of our struggles are the same?
Thank you for reading these few words
Copyright2006 Mustafaa Muhammad