|Make This Week Your Most Dynamic Yet|
Brother Mustafaa Abdul Muhammad
In The Name Of ALLAH, The Beneficent, The Merciful
The Hon. Louis Farrakhan, the modern man of God in our midst, has consistently for the last 24 years pointed our attention to the program Self Improvement The Basis For Community Development. This is in harmony with the teachings of The Honorable Elijah Muhammad, who for 44 years taught "Do For Self" and "Be Yourself".
This places the responsibility for our elevation at the hands of each individual.
Each week that we live we are granted 168 hours of time to either waste in unproductive actions or utilize to make life better. I would like to point out 5 things we can do this week to make life richer.
1) Health: Do something this week to improve your physical well being. You do not have to join a elaborate gym, buy a new workout uniform or buy the latest health dvds. Just do something like resolve to eat in home, wholesome, cooked meals as opposed to fast food. Or, try one of the cheapest yet most effective exercises known, which is simple walking a few times a week. Try fasting for a day or two to rid self of toxins and to refocus your mind.
2) Spiritual: Though I am a proud Muslim follower of both The Hon. Elijah Muhammad and The Hon. Louis Farrakhan, I will not be speaking of particular "religion" in this section. Yet, I will be speaking of the universal principles that bind all faiths. This week rid yourself of worry, stress and grief by seeking refuge in God and practicing prayer as many times as needed. When we pray we do not offer supplication to a God sitting on a throne who is so in need of our prayers... we pray to unite our will, mind and purpose with the One God and thus peace is achieved by as they say "letting go and let God". In the first tip we looked at fasting for health benefits, but it has equally as powerful spiritual benefits.
3) Financial: Get your money straight! So, much stress is caused by money... either not having enough or worrying about trying to get more. I believe that one can live richly but frugal. You can have some of the nice things in life, but you don't have to put yourself in the poorhouse by living above your means. You know what you can do and what you cannot do. This week set up and achieve a goal in regard to finances. Visit annualcreditreport.com to gain access to your credit reports and begin ridding your life of debt. Or, create a new budget which allows you to save more money and not waste as much. Lastly, find out what you do well that can be exploited in a small business of your own.
4) Relationships: I am speaking of all relationships in this part... Male/female, Husband/wife, brother/sister, parent/child and so on. This is the week to start the process, if you can, of repairing the damage. We do so many things to offend one another over time and without dealing with the issues they become lodged in our mind and become a replaying drama. We can began to heal by going through the process of atonement, which the first step is pointing out the wrong then going through the other steps until we reach reconciliation.
5) Get your groove on: Life is too serious for you to compound it by having an extreme approach to life where you do not allow time for play and recreation. Trust me you will add more grief, wrinkles, stress and even health problems if you do not allow yourself time to engage in activities to relax. Whatever relaxes you and is not harmful to self or others is a good thing to pursue.
I will be taking a dose of my own medicine(advice) and trying these five things to make my life a little richer this week and I pray you will join me.
Thank you for reading